||[Aug. 8th, 2013|11:09 pm]
Reading some old emails (2005 era) I came across the initial player pitch for the Buffy the Vampire Slayer RPG I ran; it was set in a high school, and these were the character generation guidelines that I sent around.
- There are no ugly people in California; they all got moved to New Jersey.
- Cool _is_ more important than clever, thank you for asking.
- If there's a choice between saving the world and going to the mall, you are allowed to phone a friend.
- Beach Bum is a legitimate career choice.
- "Like" is not a word, it's a punctuation mark.
- Smoking, drinking and drug taking are almost certainly grody to the max.
- No taking the piss ...
7a (Unless it's funny)
- Intellectual isn't a dirty word, but nerd is.
I really should run some more games ...
I don't think it was until around 2007/08 that I played your Buffy game, but I really enjoyed it...
I miss tabletop roleplaying a lot, but until the kids are a bit older I don't think I'll be doing much of it; I need them to be on a tighter, earlier bedtime schedule in order to have people over for dice ;-)
I would travel to play your games, should you run them and be seeking players :)
2013-08-09 07:00 pm (UTC)
That's worth knowing. I'll let you know?
Would just like to interject that there really are some *very* ugly people in California.
2013-08-10 07:59 am (UTC)
Not on TV :-)